Champlain National Bank has committed, once again, to be a Pacesetter for the United Way Campaign.
Rathbun’s Jewelry, which has been holding a “retirement sale” for the past several weeks, will close Saturday, Aug. 30. “It is kind of bittersweet,” Nancy Rathbun said. “I feel we bring a lot of people into the downtown area and that is why we would like to see a retail store back here.”
The Essex County Board of Elections is seeking an Election Inspector to help with the delivery, set-up and pick-up of election machines around Essex County for the Sept. 9 Primary Election.
The fried clams, fish fry specials and 28 flavors of rich ice cream will be back soon, as the classic Howard Johnson's Restaurant of Lake George — closed down for several years — will be reopening soon with its vintage furnishings, large salad bar and an expanded menu. The Lake George Howard Johnson's was one of three remaining restaurants of the once-ubiquitous chain.
The Village and all associated departments will be closed...
The Ticonderoga Area Chamber of Commerce will host their Annual Volunteer Appreciation Dinner and Awards Ceremony on Wednesday, Oct. 22 at 6 p.m.
The venue that's hosted rock superstars and a half-dozen hockey teams failed to prompt one bid Monday Aug. 18 when it was put up for a public auction. The lack of bids is expected to embolden the Coalition to Save Our Civic Center, a group of area community leaders who seek to continue its operation as a sports and entertainment venue under a public-private partnership.
A young race car driver amaze the crowd as they achieve an improbable feat.
Ticonderoga Animal Hospital has achieved the highest level of veterinary excellence following a thorough evaluation by the American Animal Hospital Association.
The Ticonderoga Area Chamber of Commerce August After Business Mixer will be held on Thursday, Aug. 21, at Dunkin’ Donuts of Ticonderoga from 5:30 until 7 p.m.
Governor Andrew M. Cuomo anounced funding for multiple projects on Monday, July 21 that will expand and improve outdoor recreational opportunities in the Adirondack Park, including $750,000 to upgrade the Abanakee Dam on the Indian River, which was the site of the Govenor’s Adirondack Challenge in Indian Lake on July 20 to highlight recreational opportunities and promote the region’s tourism industry.
The Village will flush fire hydrants throughout the Village beginning Tuesday, Aug. 19 through Friday, Aug. 22.
The Ticonderoga Federal Credit Union (TFCU) is pleased to announce the recipients of the 2014 Academic Scholarship Program being offered to TFCU members who are high school seniors.
Samuel Reeder has been hired as a Regional Services Coordinator for the Empire State Division of The Salvation Army, announced Major Donald Hostetler, divisional commander.
Anyone interested in being a vendor or parade participant in Port Henry’s 125th Labor Day Celebration
- Special Guests Molly Kasriels
- Special Guests Janelle Shepard & Amy DuBois
- Special Guest Trisha Sheehan
- Special Guest Chrisanna Golovach
- Special Guests Michele Powers & Kristy Kennedy
- Special Guest Capt. Larry Goodman
- Special Guest Chrisanna Golovach Ep. 29
- Special Guest Leigh Mundy Ep. 28
- Special Guest Mike Connolly
- Special Guest Howard Lowe
- Ribbon Cutting Ceremony
- United Way of the Adirondack Region Annual Campaign Kickoff Breakfast
- U.S. Attorney General Eric Holder Speaks at the 2011 Northern Border Summit in Lake Placid
- Clinton, Essex and Franklin Co. District Attorneys attend Northern Border Summit in Lake Placid
- Meet the Candidate Night
- Governor Andrew Cuomo announces Route 73 is now open Irene
- Santa's Workshop estimates $150,000 worth in damages
- Cuomo launches the North Country Regional Economic Development Council
- Lewis has harsh words for APA board