The hours for the Moriah transfer station will change.
The Ticonderoga Area Chamber of Commerce September After Business Mixer will be held on Thursday, Sept. 18, from 5:30 until 7 p.m. a the Best Western Plus Ticonderoga Inn & Suites/Burgoyne Grill, located at 260 Burgoyne Road in Ticonderoga.
The Ticonderoga Festival Guild has received an International Paper Foundation Grant.
Notice is hereby given that the school tax roll and warrent from the Ticonderoga Central School District have been left with me for the collection of taxes therein levied.
The Kiwanis Club will be giving away $500 of any type of heat.
Environmentally-friendly porous pavement, boat washing stations, swimming and fishing piers with universal access, and an improved vehicle traffic flow — are all coming soon to Lake George's famed Million Dollar Beach in a $6.3 million construction project.
Salt contamination of our streams, watersheds and aquifers from aggressive use of salt in winter road maintenance has become a major threat to the ecology of the Adirondacks, local advocates warn.
At the Lake George Association’s 129th Annual Meeting, J. Buckley Bryan, Jr., long-time Lake George Association member and twice past president has announced his plan to donate $1 million over the next few years, but he doesn’t want to be the only one giving.
Champlain National Bank has committed, once again, to be a Pacesetter for the United Way Campaign.
Rathbun’s Jewelry, which has been holding a “retirement sale” for the past several weeks, will close Saturday, Aug. 30. “It is kind of bittersweet,” Nancy Rathbun said. “I feel we bring a lot of people into the downtown area and that is why we would like to see a retail store back here.”
The Essex County Board of Elections is seeking an Election Inspector to help with the delivery, set-up and pick-up of election machines around Essex County for the Sept. 9 Primary Election.
The fried clams, fish fry specials and 28 flavors of rich ice cream will be back soon, as the classic Howard Johnson's Restaurant of Lake George — closed down for several years — will be reopening soon with its vintage furnishings, large salad bar and an expanded menu. The Lake George Howard Johnson's was one of three remaining restaurants of the once-ubiquitous chain.
The Village and all associated departments will be closed...
The Ticonderoga Area Chamber of Commerce will host their Annual Volunteer Appreciation Dinner and Awards Ceremony on Wednesday, Oct. 22 at 6 p.m.
The venue that's hosted rock superstars and a half-dozen hockey teams failed to prompt one bid Monday Aug. 18 when it was put up for a public auction. The lack of bids is expected to embolden the Coalition to Save Our Civic Center, a group of area community leaders who seek to continue its operation as a sports and entertainment venue under a public-private partnership.
- Special Guests Molly Kasriels
- Special Guests Janelle Shepard & Amy DuBois
- Special Guest Trisha Sheehan
- Special Guest Chrisanna Golovach
- Special Guests Michele Powers & Kristy Kennedy
- Special Guest Capt. Larry Goodman
- Special Guest Chrisanna Golovach Ep. 29
- Special Guest Leigh Mundy Ep. 28
- Special Guest Mike Connolly
- Special Guest Howard Lowe
- Ribbon Cutting Ceremony
- United Way of the Adirondack Region Annual Campaign Kickoff Breakfast
- U.S. Attorney General Eric Holder Speaks at the 2011 Northern Border Summit in Lake Placid
- Clinton, Essex and Franklin Co. District Attorneys attend Northern Border Summit in Lake Placid
- Meet the Candidate Night
- Governor Andrew Cuomo announces Route 73 is now open Irene
- Santa's Workshop estimates $150,000 worth in damages
- Cuomo launches the North Country Regional Economic Development Council
- Lewis has harsh words for APA board