The North Warren Chamber has announced the winners of its two coveted awards.
The Essex County Arts Council, formerly the Arts Council for the Northern Adirondacks, has announced the 2014 Cultural Assistance Program grant applications are now available for cultural organizations throughout Essex County.
Town water, parks departments also move
The Schroon Lake Food Pantry served nearly 5,000 people during 2013 — in a space not much larger than a closet.
Giant Mountain Studio, a remarkable addition to the cultural scene in the southern Adirondacks, is hosting an opening reception for its spring exhibit from 6 p.m. to 8 p.m. Friday, April 4.
Nick Perrone, 18, is one of few young maple entrepreneurs in NYS
Since he was a child, Nick Perrone was fascinated with maple sugar production and raising Christmas trees. Now, only 18, this high school senior is developing a formidable business out of these activities.
International Paper has been recognized as one of the 2014 World’s Most Ethical Companies by the Ethisphere Institute, an independent center of research that promotes best practices in corporate ethics and governance.
Legislators in the lower Adirondacks say the tax cuts and some of the appropriations in the 2014-15 budget are welcome, but taxpayers and businesses need substantial tax relief to for the area to have a vital, healthy economy.
John Carr's Adirondack Pub, and later his brewery won the hearts of Lake Georgians. Within months, people from all across the state were craving his beer and seeking out his tavern. Now he's planning to build a whiskey distillery and events space in Lake George that are sure to experience the same success.
David W. Baird has been appointed as a new volunteer director on the Ticonderoga Federal Credit Union board of directors.
Vendor being sought for 2014 season
It’s not exactly growing season, but the Ticonderoga Area Farmers Market is seeking vendors for this summer.
NCCC expansion proposal still alive
A national retailer is coming to Ticonderoga. Runnings, a privately-held chain based in Minnesota, plans to move into the former Lowe’s building on Wicker Street. The store is expected to open next spring.
HCR Home Care, a nationally recognized provider of home health care services, has launched operations in Essex, Franklin, Hamilton, St. Lawrence and Warren counties, following the New York State Department of Health’s recommendation.
Free 2013 income tax preparation is available through the AARP Tax-Aide program.
Chief financial officer resigns amid cuts
Inter-Lakes Health officials claim the Ticonderoga health care facility has a viable future, despite continued retrenchment.
- Special Guests Molly Kasriels
- Special Guests Janelle Shepard & Amy DuBois
- Special Guest Trisha Sheehan
- Special Guest Chrisanna Golovach
- Special Guests Michele Powers & Kristy Kennedy
- Special Guest Capt. Larry Goodman
- Special Guest Chrisanna Golovach Ep. 29
- Special Guest Leigh Mundy Ep. 28
- Special Guest Mike Connolly
- Special Guest Howard Lowe
- Ribbon Cutting Ceremony
- United Way of the Adirondack Region Annual Campaign Kickoff Breakfast
- U.S. Attorney General Eric Holder Speaks at the 2011 Northern Border Summit in Lake Placid
- Clinton, Essex and Franklin Co. District Attorneys attend Northern Border Summit in Lake Placid
- Meet the Candidate Night
- Governor Andrew Cuomo announces Route 73 is now open Irene
- Santa's Workshop estimates $150,000 worth in damages
- Cuomo launches the North Country Regional Economic Development Council
- Lewis has harsh words for APA board