Almost 200 people made their way into the main screening room at the Palace Theatre in Lake Placid April 26 to help launch a campaign to keep small town movie cinemas in the Adirondack region alive.
Ti Alliance introduces BizInc.
In an attempt to spark entrepreneurship, the Ticonderoga Revitalization Alliance is offering to help new businesses in the area. BizInc. is the alliance’s new business incubation program. The program, according to Chattie Van Wert, alliance director, will help new and expanding businesses by offering benefits and assistance.
The Adirondack North Country Association and local theaters are hosting a kickoff event for the “Go Digital or Go Dark” fundraising campaign Friday, April 26, from 5 to 6:15 p.m. at the Palace Theatre in Lake Placid.
Event tentatively set for July
With the Adirondack whitewater rafting season gaining momentum and the 56th Annual Hudson River Whitewater Derby on tap for May 4-5, New York Gov. Andrew Cuomo may soon be making a long-awaited announcement about the Adirondack Challenge. And it looks as though the governor is considering the town of Indian Lake as the headquarters for the Challenge, according to a tentative schedule acquired by the News Enterprise.
Operators of the Gore Mountain ski center expect to open for at least one more weekend as the lingering winter weather has kept spring skiing an option for residents and visitors.
Board Vice Chairman William Ferebee of Keene and Moriah Supervisor Tom Scozzafava presented Jim Kahler of Pre-Tech Plastics in Mineville with a resolution of congratulations on having received AS9100C Certification, a quality management standard specifically written for the aerospace industry and awarded by the Online Aerospace Supplier Information System. The award places Pre-tech among the best in the Aerospace and Defense Quality Management System International Standard.
Ticonderoga Tots open house April 23
The Ticonderoga Area Chamber of Commerce will host a ribbon cutting on Tuesday, April 23, at 5 p.m. as part of Ticonderoga Tots opening celebration.
Nominations sought for annual award
The Schroon Lake Chamber of Commerce is seeking nominations for its annual Citizen/Organization of the Year award.
The Schroon Lake Public Library has received a grant from the Stewart’s Holiday Match campaign.
Schroon Lake Massage & Wellness Center, a full service massage business has opened in Schroon Lake at 11 Alder Meadow Road.
A.E. Phelps Volunteer Fire Department in Crown Point has elected new line officers.
Panel pleased with accomplishments
Schroon Lake continues to make advances in tourism. That’s the assessment of the Schroon Lake Tourism Council. The group, which formed four years ago, recently met to review steps in its master plan and to discuss future activities.
Fort Ticonderoga added to its year-round interpretive department staff.
The Northern New York Maple Project continues at the Paul Smith's College VIC with maple sap collecting and boiling in the sugarhouse through Monday, April 8.
The Ticonderoga Area Chamber of Commerce April After Business Mixer will be held on Wednesday, April 17, at the office of Alexander R. Shmulsky, Attorney At Law 5:30 to 7 p.m.
- Special Guests Molly Kasriels
- Special Guests Janelle Shepard & Amy DuBois
- Special Guest Trisha Sheehan
- Special Guest Chrisanna Golovach
- Special Guests Michele Powers & Kristy Kennedy
- Special Guest Capt. Larry Goodman
- Special Guest Chrisanna Golovach Ep. 29
- Special Guest Leigh Mundy Ep. 28
- Special Guest Mike Connolly
- Special Guest Howard Lowe
- What is OhSoLocal?
- Ribbon Cutting Ceremony
- United Way of the Adirondack Region Annual Campaign Kickoff Breakfast
- U.S. Attorney General Eric Holder Speaks at the 2011 Northern Border Summit in Lake Placid
- Clinton, Essex and Franklin Co. District Attorneys attend Northern Border Summit in Lake Placid
- Meet the Candidate Night
- Governor Andrew Cuomo announces Route 73 is now open Irene
- Santa's Workshop estimates $150,000 worth in damages
- Cuomo launches the North Country Regional Economic Development Council
- Lewis has harsh words for APA board