Restaurants, stores part of Dec. 6 effort
People will have a chance to get out, enjoy a meal and do some holiday shopping as part of the “Shopping & Dining Night” in Ticonderoga. Sponsored by the Ticonderoga Area Chamber of Commerce, the event will be held Friday, Dec. 6, as part of the annual Ticonderoga Area North Country Christmas Celebration.
Thanks to Mother Nature as well as hundreds of snow guns, skiing is great at Gore Mountain, which opened earlier this year than any season since 1986.
Fort Ticonderoga has named three members to its board of trustees.
Congressman Bill Owens is back in Glens Falls on Friday Nov. 22 to field questions from area residents, particularly business owner and leaders.
Several programs involving area speakers have been enjoyed at Northern Lake George Rotary Club meetings.
Ticonderoga Federal Credit Union members and others from the community participated in the annual Credit Union Week celebration Oct. 15-19.
Members and friends of the Moriah Union Cemetery Association are asked to remove all spring and summer flower decorations from the cemetery before Nov. 28.
The Ticonderoga Federal Credit Union is again offering local high school seniors the opportunity to win several scholarships toward tuition at a two or four-year accredited college.
Hudson Headwaters Health Network has announced nurse manager Jennifer Aitken, RN, will lead nursing care for patients at the Schroon Lake, Chestertown-Horicon, and Bolton health centers.
The Ticonderoga Area Chamber of Commerce recognized Meg Parker of Essex County Public Health during their Volunteer Appreciation Dinner and Awards Ceremony held Oct. 16.
Job opportunities in the North Country is no longer reliant on the industries of mining, agriculture and timber. In rural communities, the future for filling homes and schools with year-round residents and job creation for current residents could come from employment at companies elsewhere through telecommuting.
RSVP is looking for volunteer tax preparers for Earned Income Tax Credit/ETIC Program in January.
North Country Home Services, Inc. Executive Director Rebecca Leahy was awarded New York State Association of Health Care Providers Excellence in Public Relations Award at HCP’s annual conference in Albany recently.
United Way of the Adirondack Region Executive Director John Bernardi returned to the Essex County Board of Supervisors Monday, Nov. 4, to make his annual appeal for the organization’s fundraising effort.
Nov. 20 event at Best Western
The Ticonderoga Area Chamber of Commerce November After Business Mixer will be held on Wednesday, Nov. 20, at Best Western Plus Ticonderoga Inn & Suites/Burgoyne Grill from 5:30 to 7 p.m.
- Special Guests Molly Kasriels
- Special Guests Janelle Shepard & Amy DuBois
- Special Guest Trisha Sheehan
- Special Guest Chrisanna Golovach
- Special Guests Michele Powers & Kristy Kennedy
- Special Guest Capt. Larry Goodman
- Special Guest Chrisanna Golovach Ep. 29
- Special Guest Leigh Mundy Ep. 28
- Special Guest Mike Connolly
- Special Guest Howard Lowe
- Ribbon Cutting Ceremony
- United Way of the Adirondack Region Annual Campaign Kickoff Breakfast
- U.S. Attorney General Eric Holder Speaks at the 2011 Northern Border Summit in Lake Placid
- Clinton, Essex and Franklin Co. District Attorneys attend Northern Border Summit in Lake Placid
- Meet the Candidate Night
- Governor Andrew Cuomo announces Route 73 is now open Irene
- Santa's Workshop estimates $150,000 worth in damages
- Cuomo launches the North Country Regional Economic Development Council
- Lewis has harsh words for APA board