The embattled Essex town clerk has been granted conditional bond following his arrest last month on a series of federal pornography charges.
Political observers are speculating that Westcott might be trimming his responsibilities so he can conduct advance work on a campaign to elect U.S. Rep. Chris Gibson to the governor's office in 2018.
Town officials are working to secure a $75,000 grant in order to expand the town hall to provide more room for the municipal court.
To do so, members of the Crown Point Town Board voted March 12 to enact a state of emergency in regard to repairs needed to fix a leak at the main intersection in the hamlet, where Route 9N/22, Sugar Hill Road and Creek Road meet.
Over the past two-plus months, members of the Ticonderoga Water Department have responded to 54 pipe freeze and leak calls as well as over 20 main line breaks.
Ernie Guerin was re-elected to his fourth term as Mayor of Port Henry, earning 91 votes against the 55 ballots cast in favor of opponent Jack Sheldon, March 18.
Traditional hoteliers are pressuring Essex County to close what they view as a bed tax loophole on vacation rental properties.
Should recipients of public assistance be required to submit to random drug testing? Absolutely, say Essex County lawmakers. But is it feasible?
Members of the Village Board of Trustees are looking into making repairs on the sidewalks within the municipalities limits.
Rates at the two campsites along the shore of Lake Champlain here will increase for the upcoming season.
Essex County lawmakers sailed through a series of resolutions last week before adjourning for the rest of the month in order to attend conferences.
Essex County lawmakers are seeking clarification on Gov. Andrew Cuomo's $1.6 billion property tax credit that was rolled out earlier this month.
Area community leaders hear about the proposals in Gov. Cuomo's Opportunity Agenda from Lt. Gov. Kathy Hochul in her recent visit to Glens Falls — and Hochul along with many of Cuomo's initiatives receive a warm welcome.
Lake Placid attorney Brian Barrett has announced he will run for Essex County Judge, challenging incumbent Richard Meyer.
Area state legislators Dan Stec and Betty Little, reacting to the corruption charges filed against state Assembly Speaker Sheldon Silver, say its time for Silver to give up his post so the state can get back to business at hand.
- Opinion: Editorial cartoon
- 'Contact the Editor' Link
- Essex County Board of Supervisors Meeting, Monday, Nov. 7
- Essex County Ways and Means Meeting Oct. 31
- Essex County Board of Supervisors
- NY-21 GOP picks Stefanik
- Gov. Cuomo in Plattsburgh
- Ribbon Cutting Ceremony
- U.S. Attorney General Eric Holder Speaks at the 2011 Northern Border Summit in Lake Placid
- Clinton, Essex and Franklin Co. District Attorneys attend Northern Border Summit in Lake Placid
- U.S. District Attorneys of Northern NY, VT, NH and ME attend 2011 Northern Border Summit in Lake Placid
- Meet the Candidate Night
- Governor Andrew Cuomo announces Route 73 is now open Irene
- Governor Andrew Cuomo speaks in wake of Irene
- Cuomo launches the North Country Regional Economic Development Council