Progressive heavyweight Ralph Nader ventured to Glens Falls on Sunday, Sept. 14 to endorse Green Party candidate Matt Funiciello
Green Party gubernatorial candidate Howie Hawkins said most New Yorkers are inherently progressive and it's a crime that he's been locked out of the upcoming debates
Republican Elise Stefanik has an early lead over Democrat Aaron Woolf in New York's 21st Congressional race, with Green Party candidate Matt Funiciello garnering 10 percent.
Moriah and Ti face similar issues and look to community for solutions
Two towns facing down varying issues on their own have a very common denominator, prescription drug and heroin abuse are on the rise and no one is quite sure what to do about it.
Gubernatorial hopefuls Rob Astorino and Zephyr Teachout debated this morning on WNYC's the Brian Lehrer Show. Notably absent: Gov. Andrew Cuomo.
Two people will seek to be the next member of the Schroon Lake Central School Board of Education when district voters go to the polls Tuesday.
Champlain National Bank has committed, once again, to be a Pacesetter for the United Way Campaign.
The Ticonderoga administrator said the town and contractor signed to drill the Streetroad well, The Layne Christensen Co., have resolved issues over a February malfunction and work will resume soon.
The Essex County Board of Elections is seeking an Election Inspector to help with the delivery, set-up and pick-up of election machines around Essex County for the Sept. 9 Primary Election.
Gubernatorial Republican hopeful Rob Astorino chomps sausage, lobs political grenades at the Great State New York State Fair.
Bill Barnhart and Holly Dixon both spoke during the public comment portion of the meeting, stating that they were concerned about rumors that the Ticonderoga Police Department may move from their current home to the Armory.
The Ticonderoga Republican Committee is seeking new members to fill two or three vacancies.
In this congressional race, three candidates (maybe four) will be on the ballot.
Aaron Woolf, the Democratic candidate for New York’s 21st Congessional District, took his fight to preserve Medicare and Social Security to Willsboro this morning in a joint appearance with Congressman Bill Owens.
The brass in Ticonderoga wants to get more aggressive when it comes to keeping up the appearance of the town, which includes making sure those who own property here but live outside the lines are held responsible for how their place looks.
- Opinion: Editorial cartoon
- 'Contact the Editor' Link
- Essex County Board of Supervisors Meeting, Monday, Nov. 7
- Essex County Ways and Means Meeting Oct. 31
- Essex County Board of Supervisors
- NY-21 GOP picks Stefanik
- Gov. Cuomo in Plattsburgh
- Ribbon Cutting Ceremony
- U.S. Attorney General Eric Holder Speaks at the 2011 Northern Border Summit in Lake Placid
- Clinton, Essex and Franklin Co. District Attorneys attend Northern Border Summit in Lake Placid
- U.S. District Attorneys of Northern NY, VT, NH and ME attend 2011 Northern Border Summit in Lake Placid
- Meet the Candidate Night
- Governor Andrew Cuomo announces Route 73 is now open Irene
- Governor Andrew Cuomo speaks in wake of Irene
- Cuomo launches the North Country Regional Economic Development Council