As the first woman and youngest person elected to the Clinton County Legislature, I served ten years, including two years as Chairperson.
Announcement ensures a united GOP in run-up to November’s general election
Ending months of speculation, Matt Doheny has endorsed Republican candidate Elise Stefanik in the race for New York's 21st District.
In a swing through the region, Matt Funiciello connected with voters and discussed the three issues underpinning his campaign
There were some pats on the backs and wraps across the knuckles when residents were given the chance to speak freely with their elected officials.
GOP candidate for Attorney General visits Lake Placid to discuss issues facing the North Country, including guns, drugs and the Clean Water Act
Appearance was the hot topic at the first Moriah public information meeting held by the town board at the Moriah Firehouse June 19 and attended by almost 40 residents.
Elise Stefanik has defeated Matt Doheny by a wide margin, concluding a contentious Republican primary race for the 21st Congressional District seat.
As the fight over the fate of Frontier Town enters the courtroom, local residents rally in support of what they say is their town's last chance.
Following the 90-minute question and answer dialogue with the republican and green party candidates in the race for the 21st Congressional District, community members were asked their exit opinions.
The Town of Moriah Police Department has been very fortunate when it comes to keeping their vehicle fleet up-to-date, and that has also been to the benefit of the town and Moriah Central School District.
Almost 100 people were in attendance at the Hague Meet the Candidates June 11, with Republican candidates and June 24 primary rivals Elise Stefanik and Matt Doheny joined by Green Party Candidate Matt Funiciello, who stated early he was going to keep things light.
With a week to go before registered Republicans head the polls on Tuesday, June 24, Essex County election workers are hard at work
Essex County will continue its occupancy tax for at least three more years. But towns want a bigger cut.
Essex County Sheriff Richard Cutting formally announced his candidacy for re-election June 3 at a press conference at the Government Center in Elizabethtown
A war of words flamed up last week between the chief administrator here and the head of a neighboring sheriff’s department over the hiring of three officers.
- Opinion: Editorial cartoon
- 'Contact the Editor' Link
- Essex County Board of Supervisors Meeting, Monday, Nov. 7
- Essex County Ways and Means Meeting Oct. 31
- Essex County Board of Supervisors
- NY-21 GOP picks Stefanik
- Gov. Cuomo in Plattsburgh
- Ribbon Cutting Ceremony
- U.S. Attorney General Eric Holder Speaks at the 2011 Northern Border Summit in Lake Placid
- Clinton, Essex and Franklin Co. District Attorneys attend Northern Border Summit in Lake Placid
- U.S. District Attorneys of Northern NY, VT, NH and ME attend 2011 Northern Border Summit in Lake Placid
- Meet the Candidate Night
- Governor Andrew Cuomo announces Route 73 is now open Irene
- Governor Andrew Cuomo speaks in wake of Irene
- Cuomo launches the North Country Regional Economic Development Council