Essex County lawmakers are seeking clarification on Gov. Andrew Cuomo's $1.6 billion property tax credit that was rolled out earlier this month.
Area community leaders hear about the proposals in Gov. Cuomo's Opportunity Agenda from Lt. Gov. Kathy Hochul in her recent visit to Glens Falls — and Hochul along with many of Cuomo's initiatives receive a warm welcome.
Lake Placid attorney Brian Barrett has announced he will run for Essex County Judge, challenging incumbent Richard Meyer.
Area state legislators Dan Stec and Betty Little, reacting to the corruption charges filed against state Assembly Speaker Sheldon Silver, say its time for Silver to give up his post so the state can get back to business at hand.
Matt Funiciello, the Green Party candidate for New York's 21st Congressional District of — who shook up politics in the Capital Region and lower Adirondacks by winning a historically large portion of the vote — testified before the NY Assembly days after he was helping boost membership in his state's party and setting the course for the organization in Warren County.
Identifying high taxation as a longstanding problem in the state, Cuomo proposes a program that should return an average sum of $781 to 543,300 upstate homeowners and renters through an income tax credit.
Cuomo's proposal of a competition of upstate economic development councils vying for three $500 million grants sparks ideas about what regional projects would be eligible.
Essex County lawmakers have approved a refresher course to bring staffers up to speed on federal privacy regulations.
Essex County Judge Richard Meyer announced last week that he will seek re-election in November.
The 18 members of the Essex County Board of Supervisors voted unanimously to support and editorial written by the editorial board of this newspaper.
Beloved by upstate voters, U.S. Rep. Chris Gibson makes the surprise announcement that he's retiring from Congress — at least temporarily.
Lawmakers granted Essex County Board of Supervisors Chairman Randy Douglas and Vice Chair Bill Ferebee another year at the helm on Monday, Jan. 5.
Lakes to Locks Passage, based out of Crown Point, has received $153,000 to help support its geotourism initiative.
The town has received a pair of awards from the state of New York to help improve an aging infrastructure.
Supervisor Tom Scozzafava said money awarded through the North Country Regional Economic Development Council will help to renovate a “miss-mash” of lines that run water to residents on Mountain Spring Road.
- Opinion: Editorial cartoon
- 'Contact the Editor' Link
- Essex County Board of Supervisors Meeting, Monday, Nov. 7
- Essex County Ways and Means Meeting Oct. 31
- Essex County Board of Supervisors
- NY-21 GOP picks Stefanik
- Gov. Cuomo in Plattsburgh
- Ribbon Cutting Ceremony
- U.S. Attorney General Eric Holder Speaks at the 2011 Northern Border Summit in Lake Placid
- Clinton, Essex and Franklin Co. District Attorneys attend Northern Border Summit in Lake Placid
- U.S. District Attorneys of Northern NY, VT, NH and ME attend 2011 Northern Border Summit in Lake Placid
- Meet the Candidate Night
- Governor Andrew Cuomo announces Route 73 is now open Irene
- Governor Andrew Cuomo speaks in wake of Irene
- Cuomo launches the North Country Regional Economic Development Council