Kallie Villemaire, Justin Liechty and Shawn Silliman turned in top-three finishes as Section VII athletes represented at the New York State Track and Field Championships at SUNY Albany June 12-13.
Softball and baseball results
The Lady Sentinels won their ninth-straight Section VII Class C title with a tight 3-1 win against the Lady Patriots.
Powered in large part by Kallie and Kirsten Villemaire, the Beekmantown girls’ track and field team edged second-place Saranac by 37.5 points, 169.5-132, for the Section VII crown.
The Blue Bombers won their third-straight Section VII Class D baseball championship, and for some players, their third sectional title of the school year.
The Week In Sports
Baseball and softball results
In a case of role reversal, the Northern Adirondack Bobcats walked off with a win against the Ticonderoga Sentinels May 26, ending Ti’s 10-year run as the top team in Section VII/Class C.
Lake Placid wins Section VII golf championship
No Blue Bomber shot higher than an 86 as the team captured the Section VII golf title May 21 at Saranac Inn.
Girls and boys results
- NYSPHSAA Class D Final Four: Moriah v. Bridgehampton
- Preston's golden goal gives Blue Bombers third straight C title
- AuSable Valley falls to NAC in C girls final
- End of the season
- Wrestling: Kenny Rivers v. Anthony DiNardo
- Wrestling: Dylan v. Dillon
- Wrestling: Kenny Rivers v. Marcus Ramundo
- Wrestling: Dylan Baker v. Luis Weierbach
- Championship weekend
- Girls play Friday